Staying in shape does not limit with exercising alone, in fact, a lot of that would factor in on the diet. A high fiber-rich food is needed to help maintain a good figure. So, let’s stock up with a list of high fiber foods (makanan tinggi serat).
Stock on Fruits and Vegetables
- Apples, bananas, oranges, strawberries all have around 3 to 4 grams of fiber. (Eat the apple peels — that’s where the most fiber is!)
- Raspberries win the fiber race at 8 grams per cup.
- Exotic fruits are also good sources of fiber: A mango has 5 grams, a persimmon has 6, and 1 cup of guava has about 9.
- Dark-colored vegetables. In general, the darker the color of the vegetable, the higher the fiber content. Carrots, beets, and broccoli are fiber-rich. Collard greens and Swiss chard have 4 grams of fiber per cup. Artichokes are among the highest-fiber veggies, at 10 grams for a medium-sized one.
- Potatoes. Russet, red, and sweet potatoes all have at least 3 grams of fiber in a medium-sized spud, if you eat the skin and all.
Choice of Dry and Canned Goods
Stock up on beans. Navy and white beans are the most fiber-rich, but all beans are fiber-packed. Any of these is a good choice for your shopping cart: garbanzo, kidney, lima, or pinto beans. They make great soups and chilis, and are a flavorful addition to salads. Beans are also high in protein, so if you’re cutting back on red meat, they’re a healthy, filling substitute.
Include other legumes. Peas, soybeans (edamame), and lentils are also high in fiber.
Bread and Grains
- Check cereal labels. Most cereals have at least some fiber content, but they’re not all created equal. Any cereal with 5 or more grams of fiber per serving is a good source.
- Whole-grain breads. Seven-grain, dark rye, cracked wheat, and pumpernickel breads are good choices.
- Whole grains. Bulgur wheat, brown rice, wild rice, and barley are all tasty substitutions for white rice.
Time for a Snack!
- Nuts and seeds.An ounce of of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, pistachios, or almonds gives you at least 3 grams of fiber. They are also high in calories, though, so make a little go a long way.
- Popcorn . Three cups of air-popped popcorn have about 4 grams of fiber.
Foods that have fiber added in their mix, which involves new products such as milk & dairy products (yogurt) and juices that says “fiber” or “fiber fortified”.
Keep a healthy and fit body by eating high fiber foods (makanan tinggi serat). Add that to your diet every day! What’s your high fiber foods list?